Жизнь удалась

Добро пожаловаться!
Oleg
Maniac

Сообщение Oleg » Пт янв 25, 2008 10:21 am

> К Канаде это не относится.

What do you mean? Are you referring to the forum's name "Разговоры о Канаде"?
Моё сообщение на английском, потому что мне легче и быстрее печатать на английском.

JT
Maniac

Сообщение JT » Пт янв 25, 2008 10:26 am

Oleg писал(а):> К Канаде это не относится.

What do you mean? Are you referring to the forum's name "Разговоры о Канаде"?
Не-а,
я говорю - в Канаде нету кризиса перенаселения.
childfree включает в себя и ПРОСТОЕ нежелание иметь детей.

Oleg
Maniac

Сообщение Oleg » Пт янв 25, 2008 10:38 am

Every birth causes an unfathomable increase in pollution (that a person generates in a lifetime), and deaths of countless farm animals. This is especially true in industrialized nations. Childfree supporters echoe VHEMT supporters when they say that

"it is inherently immoral to bring people into the world

* No consent can be asked or given
* The world is full of suffering, and one cannot ensure that any given person will have a good life
* Everyone leaves life through death, therefore by giving birth, one guarantees that death will take place"
Моё сообщение на английском, потому что мне легче и быстрее печатать на английском.

JT
Maniac

Сообщение JT » Пт янв 25, 2008 1:14 pm

Кому тут жизнь удалась?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Posted - 07/02/2005 : 18:05:39
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firstly Thanks to everyone who has posted information here and thanks to settlement.org for allowing the true picture to come out! I have posted information on other discussion boards and the moderators have deleted it because they want the picture of Canada to be perfect and lul people with a false sense of security.

I came here in 2002 from England, We are English and I can assure you there has been and continues to be a language barrier even for me!

If I had known about Canada before I came here I would never have come, and the sad thing is most people like me put all their dreams into comeing here and once here its not financially possible to go back home and pick up where you left off. I could go back to England tomorrow if I wanted and get a good job, but my standard of living would be horrendous. We left England because we felt it was going rapidly downhill with yob culture, crime rates etc etc .....

Canada ..... hmm, lets see, there is a lot to tell, I might post some now and more later but firstly consider this .... if you have even a half decent lifestyle where you are now, then dont come to Canada.

I came on the promise of a job, I had initially taken a career break so that I still had a 'safety net' back home if it didnt work ... but, they told me I had a job before my career break was due to start, so I resigned instead. I thought, great .... I will have the job I want straight away ..... but no. One thing I have learnt is not to trust people here. yes many are nice but seriously there is no back up, no one wants to know when they hear you arent Canadian.

If you wanted to complain to someone who do you go to? I even had an issue with sponsoring my mother and I went to the local MP's office and was told 'be grateful youre in Canada'. You can imagine my anger.

We left everything to come here, to contribute to the Canadian taxes etc .... and we have been knocked at every turn. But dont be too dissapointed, they are the same to their own people, just worse with immigrants.

I live in a big house, I am on a salary of $50,000 a year and I have a nice car. So you can see its not a question of lack of resources that makes me bitter about this whole experience. But I dont want anyone else to go through what we did (and it appears that many others have too!). People NEED to have the information at hand before they make such big decisions.

ok, firstly personal taxes start at 33%, so I earn $50,000 but they take 33% of that off me right away. From the first dollar you earn they take taxes, but ..... as you find with many things here there will be little 'sweeteners' along the way that seem to pacify Canadians into thinking the system is acceptable.

Once a year you file your taxes. Tell me how fair this is ..... I earn $50,000 and I got $100 tax back at the end of the year because I am single no children. My brother earned $60,000 and he got $900 back from his return, he is divorced no children. how do they work it out???

I have researched all this information in detail and please dont hesitate to contact me for details on this stuff and I will be happy to let you know my findings.

When you do come to Canada one of the sayings you will get used to hearing is 'thats the way its always been'. That appears to be the answer to most Canadians when I ask them how they have put up with this horrendous system for so long! no one fights for anything, they have no one to complain to they just have to accept it.

Last year they brought in a new medical tax which increased the higher your salary was. They introduced it and it was stamped and enforced about six weeks later. People automatically had it deducted from their wages without qarning, and it was allowed.

CPP (Canadian Pension Plan) you MUST pay that but if you have a company pension or earn above a certain amount of money then you never get the CPP back when you retire. So they take it off you for 30 years and never give it back. But .... they get round it apparently by giving it when you retire, but deducting it off your company pension ...... so you dont get the money.

Bills are monthly here, you pay property tax for your property, we pay $2800 a year, but I have a friend in York, Ontario who has to pay $7000 a year.

Car insurance is $2200 a year and they do not have no claims or any bonuses, its extortionate! and you HAVE to pay it. We were involved in an accident last year, we were statinery and someone drove into the back of us and wrote off our SUV which was only 10 months old.... shows you the amount of damage involved! .. the guy got out of his car and instantly said, 'sorry i didnt even see you had stopped' ... and what was his deterrant??? nothing. He didnt get charged ........ his insurance company didnt pay and he was in a work vehicle anyway.

The cost of the accident to us?? severe whiplash and seatbelt bruising. No vehicle for 2 weeks while they decided if we could have rental or not.... then they gave us rental for ten days and said, thats enough youre not getting any more. The car company were good enough to lend us a courtesy vehicle because we said we would buy another through them.

As for insurance, its called 'no fault'. So no matter whos fault it is, your insurance pays and then increases because you claimed. I was told that I had coverage for time off work due to injuries, but it only covered $300 maximum per week, and .... you have to pay tax on that. But I earn $900 a week, so I asked him where I stood with that and he said, oh .... sorry we dont pay that much.

Also worth bearing in mind, Canada do NOT pay for days off work sick. so if your off work, you wont get paid and your bills dont get paid either. You holiday time in most places is nothing, if youre lucky you will get one week off and be grateful (so they say) and in my case I get two weeks a year off.... thats it.

I came from a job where I got 5 weeks a year off, to here and just 2 weeks .... thats not even enough to go anywhere for a decent holiday!

Continuing on with the bills, Electric is about $100 a month and Gas is pretty much the same, but ..... thats for two people who do laundry at the laundrymat. The average family with 2 children will pay about $250 in electric per month and $200 in gas.

Phone bills are $50 a month starting .... local calls are free, the $50 is for service charge etc....

TV, you have to have cable and it starts at about $100 a month. We pay $180 a month so we can have the internet connection too. Because although you think the internet is free, you have to pay for a service provider here.

The bills MUST be paid every month, and if you are so much as one day late they will be on the phone hounding you for the money. We moved house last year and after moving into our new home 2 months later I got a phone bill for $37. The phone company said it was for international phone calls for the old address that they forgot to add on?? after numerous phone calls and complaints and nasty staff on the line I just paid it to avoid any more hassle. I still have the same residential line number and my bills are always up to date.

Last week I got a letter from a debt collection agency for .... $37. The phone company had registered it with them as unpaid. I contacted my lawyer and the Better Business Beareau and it was written off. The point I am making is, they do what they want and unless you know who or where to turn to, you dont stand a chance.

I work in Law Enforcement, I was a Police Officer in England for 12 years, and Canada didnt recognise it on the list of occupations so I spent 5 years doing a degree part time to train and qualify as a Computer Programmer. Thats how I got in, but I really wish I'd saved myself a lot of time and stress and not bothered.

I was promised a job in Law Enforcement here, and then they backtracked when I got here and didnt give it to me, I since found out I'm not the first person that has happened to ........ so I went and worked in a telephone call centre on minimum wage for months, earning less that my outgoings!

Put all that together with rude ignorant people who dont seem to have the brain to unscramble words .... if you dont say it in Canadian they dont understand it, its a simple as that!! I say Home Depot ... they say Home Deeepot ... If I say it, then they will say they dont know where it is, If I say it again as Deeepot, then they understand.

I tell you its frustrating, sad and tragic. They dont even look after their own poor people. I had a friend who had a filling done at the dentist without anesthetic because she couldnt afford it. Its all about money here. If you dont pay up you dont get it. OHIP will cover for operations, surgery, doctors visits etc.... but prescriptions and other medical costs will cost you big time.

I have a benefits plan at work that pay a lot of my stuff, but I had a filling the other week and when I signed the benefits claim form they were charging $180 for one filling. Thankfully I didnt have to pay!! but can you imagine being on a low income and trying to pay for that??

In the winter here its worse, you see the poor people walking round with no shoes or coats on, god knows how they survive. Welfare or Social Assistance as they call it is very low, and they pay it monthly. So ... most of these people get it and its spent by the next day. They then have a whole month to go with no money.

The bin man (garbage collector) doesnt wear a coat either in the winter .... he drives the van alone and jumps out throws the garbage in the truck and drives to the next house..... again one wonders who will pay his bills if he takes a day off work with a bad back??

You have to think of everything. I couldnt bear to stay in England any longer, I felt it was going rapidly downhill and nothing was changing .... now??? I am desperate to go back, but cant afford it.

Here public transport is also very expensive and very bad. You can not go from one town to another without it taking all day, if its even possible!!

I recently had an appointment in the next town to me, 20 mins drive away, but .... I dont like the highway, so I looked into getting public transport.

I could get a train to Toronto and then one from there back which would have taken four hours, then I couldnt have got back home the same day. I looked at the bus options .... nothing. So I called a cab company (taxi) and they said they would take me for $100.

I had to go .... I ended up getting a friend to take me, but again .... imagine being a newcomer with no contacts and no friends? would you even think of checking that before emigrating??

Ok, well, now I've vented a little :) and also been able to pass some valuable information on. I hope this has helped. There is plenty more to say and I will post more later, but for now, happy reading and I hope this helps people make the right decisions.

In my case even If I hadnt resigned from work I would have had a safety net back there. But unfortunately, these things are sent to try us!

ok, one last thing, grocery/food shopping. very expensive and limited. there are not a lot of choices and the prices are the same in all, there is no low cost alternative for those on a low budget. milk costs us $3.50 a carton, a loaf of bread is on average $2 (the cheapest is $1.30) all fresh meats are expensive and fruit and veg are also expensive, and they go up in price in the winter due to the harsh weather and lack of new crops.

If you have any questions please ask I will be happy to help. I came here after researching what I thought was everything myself. I did not use an immigration lawyer.

Canada is a beautiful palce and they have just celebrated Canada Day (although I dont know what they have to celebrate!) it is spacious and lots of trees and greenery. The houses and cars are cheaper than England, but ..... everything else is way more expensive. And you dont realise how much money you need just to get by.

Good luck everyone!

http://www.settlement.org (c)

Oleg
Maniac

Сообщение Oleg » Пт янв 25, 2008 2:28 pm

I can see many inaccuracies:
ok, firstly personal taxes start at 33%, so I earn $50,000 but they take 33% of that off me right away.
And he is saying that in U.K. the taxes are lower?!? It sounds like he never earned the equivalent of $50K in UK.

> When you do come to Canada one of the sayings you will get used to hearing is 'thats the way its always been'.

I have lived in Canada for a long time, and I can't say that I have heard that at all.

Car insurance is $2200 a year
He must be under 25. It is normal to pay under $1000 a year.

Also worth bearing in mind, Canada do NOT pay for days off work sick.
This man is looking at the firm he works for and extrapolates for the entire country. Using his method, I can say that in Canada they most definitely DO pay for days off work sick.
laces is nothing, if youre lucky you will get one week off and be grateful (so they say) and in my case I get two weeks a year off....
again, it depends on your employer. but he has a point, in general the vacation duration is shorter in Canada than it is in EU.
TV, you have to have cable and it starts at about $100 a month. We pay $180 a month so we can have the internet connection too.
I don't remember the other bill amounts, but cable definitely costs $40-60 per month. $80 per month would includes high speed internet.

The last time I visited UK, I remember thinking that everything in the supermarket was more expensive than it was in Canada.

One thing I have learnt is not to trust people here. yes many are nice but seriously there is no back up, no one wants to know when they hear you arent Canadian.
I disagree.

ProzzaK
Почетный фотограф
Контактная информация:

Сообщение ProzzaK » Пт янв 25, 2008 3:07 pm

Oleg писал(а):
Car insurance is $2200 a year
He must be under 25. It is normal to pay under $1000 a year.
Блин, всего 2200 в год, а он еще и недоволен!
Мне бы так :)

JT
Maniac

Сообщение JT » Пт янв 25, 2008 4:20 pm

Oleg писал(а): It is normal to pay under $1000 a year.
:roll: It is not actually normal.

Serega
Капитан

Сообщение Serega » Пт янв 25, 2008 6:05 pm

JT писал(а):
Это у вас в Торонте не нормал, ну дык это еще не вся Канада.
“I’m not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance”
"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people"

JT
Maniac

Сообщение JT » Пт янв 25, 2008 6:08 pm

Serega писал(а):
JT писал(а):
Это у вас в Торонте не нормал, ну дык это еще не вся Канада.
Внимание! Англичанин жил в Торонто.

Serega
Капитан

Сообщение Serega » Пт янв 25, 2008 6:30 pm

но писАл то о Канаде
“I’m not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance”
"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people"

Oleg
Maniac

Сообщение Oleg » Сб янв 26, 2008 10:30 am

Мне кажется что мир делится на тех кто думает, что я написал очередную глупость и на тех кто воспринимает положительно о чем я говорю.
There are two kinds of people in the world, those who believe
there are two kinds of people in the world and those who don't.

Закрыто